Disaster recovery planning is a subset of a larger process known as business continuity planning. This includes planning for resumption of software and hardware applications, business data, electronic communications (such as networking) and other IT infrastructure.
IT systems have become increasingly critical to the smooth operation of any business. Therefore the importance of ensuring the continued operation of those systems, and their rapid recovery, has increased. In the past, out of all the companies that suffered a major loss of business data, 43% never re-opened and 29% closed within two years. As a result, preparation for disaster recovery and business continuation needs to be taken very seriously.
Past research supports that every $1 spent on Disaster Recovery Planning saves a business $4 in response and recovery costs.
Backup and Recovery as a Service (BRaaS)
Backup & Recovery-as-a-Service (BRaaS) delivers a cost effective, secure and scalable solution to meet a businesses data backup and storage needs. Delivered as a fully managed service, Backup & Recovery-as-a-Service is securely integrated into your existing corporate network, maximising the utilisation of existing IT infrastructure while delivering faster data backup and recovery.
Benefits of Disaster Recovery & Data Backup Planning to your business
- Restore a failed server within minutes by mounting the backup on the Disaster Recovery device thus reducing downtime. This will allow your organisation to operate business as normal whilst the failed server is fixed or replaced;
- Restore to dissimilar hardware – In an event of a server failure, this solution allows you to purchase a new server (any brand), restore the latest backup from the old failed server without any compatibility issues due to dissimilar hardware. You can even use this feature to migrate from old hardware to new hardware;
- Automatic off-site backup – this means you don’t have to rely on IT resources to remember to change tapes or pay for an offsite tape vaulting service;
- Reduced management and operational overheads for your business;
- Increased reliability of backups;
- Improved data recovery time versus tape solutions;
- Supported on-site hardware, network connectivity and off-site data storage;
- One predictable monthly cost for the entire service;
- Utilises proven high-quality hardware appliances;
Backup and Recovery as a Service (BRaaS) and Disaster Recovery (DR) is a completely managed and very comprehensive backup and disaster recovery strategy whereby we install dedicated hardware to take backups and snapshots of your servers, store them locally and incrementally synchronise your backups in a remote location.