1. What is “Personal Information”
1.1 “Personal information” is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
1.2 BOLT ON IT SERVICES collects personal information from its users via the BOLT ON IT SERVICES website (Website) or when you email us or contact us by telephone or mail.
2. Information collected via BOLT ON IT SERVICES Website
2.1 BOLT ON IT SERVICES will not collect any personal information about visitors to the Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, BOLT ON IT SERVICES will collect personal information from users to its Website when they register to receive e-newsletters, enter competitions or surveys.
2.2 When you visit and browse the Website, BOLT ON IT SERVICES’s Website host will collect personal information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
2.3 This information will not be used to identify you and may include:
- the number of users visiting the Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit; or
- the path taken though the Website.
2.4 BOLT ON IT SERVICES’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of the Website.
2.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
2.6 If you access the Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log onto the Website and it is automatically deleted from your hard drive after a period of thirty days.
2.7 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. BOLT ON IT SERVICES does not currently use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing its Website.
3. What information BOLT ON IT SERVICES collects about you
3.1 BOLT ON IT SERVICES collects or may collect the following kinds of information about users:
- ‘contact information’. This may include an email address where BOLT ON IT SERVICES can contact you. It may also include your name, mobile phone number, other phone numbers or address details.
- Communications (by email or other means, which pass through the BOLT ON IT SERVICES systems) between yourself and BOLT ON IT SERVICES.
- Other personal information provided voluntarily by you. This could be in response to surveys, contests or online activities.
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited etc. None of this information identifies you personally.
4. How BOLT ON IT SERVICES uses the personal information it collects about you
4.1 BOLT ON IT SERVICES uses the information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. BOLT ON IT SERVICES generally uses personal information to:
- Provide you with products or services you have requested.
- Direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for BOLT ON IT SERVICES to obtain your prior written consent. However, when BOLT ON IT SERVICES does this, we will provide an express option for you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from BOLT ON IT SERVICES, via an opt out mechanism. BOLT ON IT SERVICES will only send you emails if you have elected to receive such emails in response to an email we have received from you.
5. Who we disclose your personal information to
5.1 BOLT ON IT SERVICES discloses your information to its advertising and marketing agents, but only on terms requiring them to comply with this statement. If you do not wish to receive promotional information, you can contact BOLT ON IT SERVICES’s Privacy Officer at any stage in the future so that your name can be removed from its marketing lists.
5.2 BOLT ON IT SERVICES may also disclose your personal information to its Website host and technology service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example, when the Website experiences a technical problem, to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
5.3 Otherwise, BOLT ON IT SERVICES will not disclose any of your personal information to any other organisation unless the disclosure is required by law or is otherwise permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
6. Your consent
7. Updating, storage and security of personal information held by BOLT ON IT SERVICES
7.1 BOLT ON IT SERVICES aims to keep your personal information secure and up to date. Any personal information that is collected via the Website or which is held on BOLT ON IT SERVICES’s computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryptions etc) and procedural methods.
7.2 BOLT ON IT SERVICES does not collect sensitive or financial information about its users via the Website.
7.4 You can update your contact and profile information at any time by logging onto the Website and following the appropriate links.
8. Finding out what personal information BOLT ON IT SERVICES holds about you
8.1 You are entitled to access personal information that BOLT ON IT SERVICES holds about you. If you request access to your personal information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles. If BOLT ON IT SERVICES refuses your request to access your personal information, it will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
8.2 A request for access can be done in any of the following ways:
phone: 1800 775 991
BOLT ON IT SERVICESSuite 8, Level 12 101 Bathurst St Sydney NSW 2000
9. What to do if you have a question, problem or complaint about our use of your personal information